So we decided to try out this middle eastern place in Birmingham, MI called the Pita Cafe.
For those that have been around for a while in the Detroit Metro area and are familiar with the now extinct La Shish Restaurant chain: the menu, the logo and the food will be familiar to you.
Whereas it hasn't been the best middle eastern fare I've had in the region (nothing up to the La Shish standard), further visits are deserved to give any readers a fair assessment. But - if the fact that I'm willing to go back and eat there again is a vouch for a thumbs up "review", then definitely check this place out.
For our first foray, we ordered the Shish Combo. We're both not big eaters so this one dish was enough for both of us.
The crushed lentl soup that comes with it is good - flavorful but not really impressive it will satisfy any Lentl craving you may have. Devour it with the hot fresh bread that comes to your booth (or table) and you'll be happy.
The main entree plate is loaded some very tasty Lamb Shish Kafta, Chicken Kababs and Lamb Kabobs served with rice, grilled vegetables and a very healthy portion of ground garlic paste. Everything was tasty. The rice with roasted almond slivers, the grilled veggies, the meats - everything had great flavor without being over-powering. If you're brave, are in a garlic understanding / loving relationship, or you just don't care, have everything with a healthy covering of the ground garlic paste.
The main entree plate is loaded some very tasty Lamb Shish Kafta, Chicken Kababs and Lamb Kabobs served with rice, grilled vegetables and a very healthy portion of ground garlic paste. Everything was tasty. The rice with roasted almond slivers, the grilled veggies, the meats - everything had great flavor without being over-powering. If you're brave, are in a garlic understanding / loving relationship, or you just don't care, have everything with a healthy covering of the ground garlic paste.
We also tried their fresh juices - the mango smoothie I had was very good but I cannot say for the others - too many choices - not enough space in my tummy :)
Value for money - for sure - everything is very reasonably priced to almost being cheap - entree's range from $8.00 + and their sandwiches are about $4.00 to $5.00.
SO if you're in the area, crave something new or middle eastern, I'd recommend trying this place out. I'll be going back there!
SO if you're in the area, crave something new or middle eastern, I'd recommend trying this place out. I'll be going back there!
Go Michigan! Go Local!
Pita Cafe Of Birmingham
237 N Old Woodward Ave
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248) 645-6999
237 N Old Woodward Ave
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248) 645-6999


No comments:
Post a Comment