Friday, January 01, 2010

Ajishin - Best Udon Bowl I've ever had...

So - we got addicted to Ajishin's Udon Bowl and sushi the moment we went on encouragement from a coworker of ours.  It became a weekly thing.  A hot bowl of Udon soup and a couple of slices of Tuna later - I was in heaven.

Its not a big restaurant seating perhaps 70 at max - lunch time, if you don't get in at the right window, prepare to wait a good 30 to 45 minutes.

You won't find any teriyaki this or fancy on the menu but everything on it is excellent.  I've had the Maiko (highly recommended by me) which is the Udon bowl with shrimp, tempura and seaweed.  The bowl comes piping hot and is full of "stuff" - this isn't a weak ho-hum noodle soup dish - oh no - finishing this to the very last drop will leave you very happy, very full and very addicted.  Also on the menu is the curry rice and man is it flavorful.  Good amount of curry and pork all over rice.  Great stuff.

The Sashimi pieces are huge with generous amounts of wasabi stuffed into the rice (packing enough kick to clear out your nasal passages).  I'll usually get a couple of slices of Tuna or Salmon from their sushi / sashimi list and that will pretty much do me in for a meal a half.

If  you've got the capacity for it - order their special which is usually a big bowl of Udon with tempura and chef's special rolls for that day.  I've yet to be disappointed.

I'd really recommend checking this place out yourself BUT be warned - you will keep coming back because the food here is delicious.





Ajishin
42270 Grand River Avenue
Novi, MI 48375-1836
(248) 380-9850

No comments:

Post a Comment